Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I don’t spend nearly enough time counting my blessings. Here is a list of “So Very Thankful” questions and my responses. I am thankful for so much in my life. More than what is even on the list of questions. Thank you for being there too, dear readers.
15 (Plus) Things I Am Thankful For
- Name a color you are thankful for. I am thankful for the color blue. Specifically, light blue. It brings out the color in my eyes, it appears every morning when the sun comes up, and, most importantly, it’s the color of my alma mater, UNC, which I’m thankful for graduating from.
- Something your spouse does that you are thankful for. I am thankful for a spouse that supports me, even when times get rough.
- Something your kids do that you are thankful for. I am thankful for hugs from my children. Not that I’m biased or anything, but I think they give the best hugs on Earth!
- A food you are thankful for. I am thankful for pizza. Whoever invented it is a genius because it’s the easiest meal ever and the kids love it!
- What recent good news are you thankful for? I am thankful that it’s Thanksgiving break.
- Name a drink you are thankful for. I am thankful for cranberry flavored vodka. It makes the best mixed drink ever!
- Name a restaurant you are thankful for. I am thankful for McDonald’s because, despite how horrible it is for us, it’s cheap and sometimes I just don’t feel like cooking!
- Talk about an animal you are thankful for. I am thankful for all of my animals. My dog, my cat, my bearded dragon, my albino leopard gecko, and my ball python. I love my little zoo.
- Name a beauty product you are thankful for. I am thankful for concealer. Without it, I always look like I’ve pulled an all-nighter.
- Name a cleaning product you are thankful for. I am thankful for Lysol wipes. Cleaning the kitchen table and the countertops has never been easier!
- What social media platform are you thankful for? I am thankful for Facebook because I can connect with family and friends without having to pick up the phone. I know it’s shallow communication, but it’s still communication.
- Tell us why you are thankful for the last person who texted you. I am thankful for my support person who comes to our house to help connect us with our children and brings so many awesome games and toys with her. She’s a genuinely kind person who invests her time in helping families who need a little extra help.
- Name a candy you are thankful for. I am thankful for chocolate. ‘Nuff said there.
- Name an app on your phone that you are thankful for. I am thankful for my Fitbit app. It helps me keep track of my sleep and my exercise and I think it’s pretty awesome.
- What are you looking forward to that you are thankful for. I am looking forward to finishing grad school in a year. I had to drop down to one class every 8 weeks to preserve my sanity, but it’s still something that I can feel good about accomplishing (because I will finish).
In addition to all of these things, I should mention that no matter what happens or has happened, I am tremendously thankful for my family. Without my experiences, I would not be the person I am today or have what I have. I’m not saying that I always love myself, but I can appreciate the fact that I have become a compassionate, caring, loving, and highly educated person as a result of everything I have been through. I have fought hard to achieve everything I have gained in my life, despite constantly feeling like I want to just give up, and I am so thankful that I have the strength to fight for better life for me and my children. Also, I am thankful for both of my children, but I think it’s worth mentioning that I am thankful for my autistic son. He has taught me so much about life, love, and happiness, and he’s one of the most loving kids I know. Lastly, I am thankful for my church family. I get so much support from them and they show genuine love and acceptance for both of my children.
Thanks and I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!