Some things about this year have been harder than others, but I still feel I have so much to be proud of. Overall, when I think back over the past couple of years, I can recognize how things turned toward the better. So, what has happened this year to make me feel proud of my life?
5 Things I’m Proud Of
- A new job. I spent eight years in special education, and after last year, I was worn out. I made the decision to resign and look for jobs elsewhere, and applied for teaching jobs in another district. I got five job offers, and I know I picked the right one. Teaching math has been a great change, and I work with the most wonderful people. I love it!
- Back to school. I began working on my Masters in Education this year. It’s so much work, but I’m so proud of myself for keeping up with everything. What I learn in my classes helps me become a better teacher.
- Church. In the past year, I’ve grown so much closer to God and my church family. Going to church on Sundays and joining the choir has made a huge difference in my life and my children’s lives. I love our Sunday routine and how loved my children feel there.
- Weight Loss. I’ve decided to take charge of my health again and lose weight. It’s going slower than I’d like, but progress is progress. Eventually, I will get back to the me I used to be.
- My Children. I am, most of all, proud of my children. Big Guy has grown up so much this year, and he’s so smart and empathetic. He helps cook, he draws the best pictures, and he’s my little jokester. He’s doing so well! Squeaker has had a lot of struggles since we moved to the new school district, but he’s also growing up, doing new things, and continues to be the loving kid that he’s always been. My children make me so happy, and I have my days where I struggle some, but their hugs and kisses light up my life. If I had to give up all of my roles in life but one, I would keep my role as a parent. It’s the most important role of my life.
Even when things get rough, it’s always good to remember what has gone well. With so much to feel proud of, I feel so blessed.
What are you most proud of?
Sunny Saturday Link-up
I would love to see you participate in this week’s link-up! I’m adding in something special this week. Come on in!!
This Week’s Prompts
- When you think about all the roles in your life, which one would you keep if you had to give them all up but one.
- Write about something you do, even when you don’t feel like it.
- Which traffic sign would best illustrate your life now? Why?
Next Week’s Prompts
- Write about something you love doing that you wish you got paid for.
- Write a one minute “thank you” note to someone in your life.
- Write a blog post inspired by the word “hope”
Add your blog entry here!