As a parent, car seat safety is one of my number one priorities. In this sponsored post, I’m going to tell you 5 ways to ensure car seat safety for your child.
Car Seat Safety
- Do car seat safety checks regularly. You can try going to your local fire department to ensure the car seat is installed correctly. You can also check out the video linked to car seat safety checks from Cars.com for some tips on safety checks.
- Use current car seats. Little known fact: Car seats expire. Be sure you’re not using an expired car seat for the safety of your child.
- Check the weight limits. All car seats have weight limits and there are safety guidelines for weight limits on different types of car seats depending on age. Check your state’s guidelines for weight and age limits and be sure to follow them.
- Ensure it’s latched correctly. There are so many different latch systems. Make sure you install it correctly no matter what system you use. Read your manuals carefully and check out videos online if necessary to get your latch system right.
- Check the strap. If you’re using a regular car seat, make sure the strap is placed correctly between the chest and the chin. This website talks about how a rear-facing child should be latched in appropriately, but you might also find an article on Cars.com that tells how to correctly position the straps in your car seat.
If you don’t know the correct way to install your car seat, it can be scary, especially if you’re a first-time mom. Be sure you’re safe with these safety tips, brought to you by Cars.com.