Welcome to Week 1 of Sunny Saturday!
(AND my attempt to keep going with the A-to-Z Challenge with D for Describing and Defining)
You know those terrible interview questions where people ask you to describe yourself in 3 words or something like that? What if you broadened that to a defining statement instead? A defining statement is something like a personal statement. It would answer the following questions: 1) Who am I? 2) Who do I want to be? 3) What goals do I want to accomplish?
Providing defining statements may require more thought, but would they make more sense? I thought so. So I figured I’d give it a shot this week with my defining statements.
Describing Me: My 5 Defining Statements
P.S. I apologize for not following my own prompt. I started writing and got a little carried away before I even referred back to my own prompt. I did not start with an “I am” statement like I should, but I did want to go through each facet of my life. I feel best about what I do for my children.
This week’s prompts were:
(just choose one)
- Write down five things that define who you are, listing them as “I am ____,” statements. Take a few minutes to think about each one. Which quality feels the best?
- What makes you feel like a strong person?
- Think about something you struggled with recently. Reframe the situation in a positive light.
The link-up will be open all week until Thursday, so don’t forget to link-up, but make sure to grab the button for your page!
Next Week’s Prompts:
- What is something you are optimistic about?
- What is your greatest fear? How can you overcome it?
- What is your favorite journey?
Happy Writing! 🙂
[ctt tweet=”Come #linkup with Sunny Saturdays and bring some #optimism and #growth into your life http://ctt.ec/wH01u+ #SunshineShare” coverup=”wH01u”]
Originally posted 2015-04-04 08:00:00.