Between the fibromyalgia and the degenerative disk disease, some days I wake up aching all over. Of all the places I hurt, my back is the worst. When raising two boys, you just don’t have time to stop and get a massage first thing in the morning. Thanks to TruMedic sponsoring this post and sending me samples of their product, I was able to try out a really good TENS unit for pain relief. As I write this review, I’m trying out the TENS Belt for Lower Back Pain Management plugged into their Electronic TENS unit pulse massager. As predicted, I already feel relief from the pain. I know from experience with other TENS units, that these things really work, but the unit I purchased from Omron stopped sticking after a short time. So what’s different about this unit? I’ll tell you some features and why it works so well.
Features of the TENS Unit
Since I have actually combined two different products, I’ll tell you about the TENS unit pulse massager and the TENS Belt for Lower Back Pain Management separately. Some of what I write may contain affiliate links, which helps me finance this blog to bring you great content.
- Small and Lightweight – The massager itself is only 5.3 Ozs and no bigger than a remote control. You can take this thing anywhere! It would easily fit in a briefcase or purse.
- Batteries are Included!! For the price of the product, with having a lightweight, powerful massager that includes batteries holds great value. Honestly, I was just thankful for not having to search my house for batteries.
- Easy To Use – Do you want to use the truMedic massager for more than just your back? No problem! Clearly labeled buttons with words like “Shoulder”, “Waist”, and “Hands”, make it easy to figure out. Also, it contains a large LCD display to show you exactly what is happening, including the type of massage “Massage, Beat, or Knead” and the time left on the cycle. Right now, I’ve got 8 minutes left on my cycle, which typically lasts 15 minutes unless you adjust it to another time. I can even walk around with it on when the kids (like right now) tell me they’re hungry.
- Effective – How does this thing work? The TENS Unit Pulse Massager uses 5 Auto Stimulation Programs, Fully-adjustable Speed & Intensity, 3 Selectable Massage Settings, and High-Frequency Pulses to provide pain relief. And does it work? Absolutely! I’ve used other TENS units and they work too, but this unit provides much more powerful relief than my previous device. Sidenote: “If you have one of the following conditions, please consult with your physician before purchasing or using this device. Any acute disease; tumor; infectious disease; pregnant; heart disease; high fever; abnormal blood pressure; lack of skin sensation or an abnormal skin condition; any condition requiring the active supervision of a physician.”
This unit requires an additional TENS unit, as it is an accessory specifically designed to target the lower back. Here are some of the reasons I use the TENS Belt:
- Comfortable – This TENS Belt not only delivers TENS relief directly to your area of lower back pain, but fits snugly and comfortably to provide physical support for your back.
- Strategic and Effective – The truMedic TENS Belt works with four included, double-stick electrode pads placed on the strategically located terminals. If you’re a little wider around the waist, it’s no problem! The system also includes a velcro belt extender it adjusts to fit around the waist of most back pain sufferers.
- Easy to Use – the TENS belt comes with clear, simple directions. Also, there’s a nice zippered storage case for the belt, which I was also able to fit the TENS Unit Pulse Massager into. Not only that, but it comes with a bonus pack of 4 more pads, so when the stickiness wears off, you can replace the pads easily without an added expense. It connects easily into the TENS Unit Pulse Massager with provided adapters.
[bctt tweet=”A TENS Unit that Works to Help With Pain Management #fibromyalgia @truMedicMassage” username=”embracespectrum”]
Aside from all of the features I just described, I can tell you that I have received excellent customer support from them. When I got the TENS Belt without realizing it required the TENS Unit to hook into it, they got back to me immediately. It took less than a week to receive each product and I was able to track the shipment of the devices. I could not be happier with the level of support I received from this company. Also, I just finished using the unit, and I feel immediate relief from my back pain. I love how I can adjust the intensity of the unit to feel a level of intensity that works for me. Lastly, I’ve had physical therapists use TENS units on me before and had to pay for office visits. Now that I have my own unit, I don’t have to pay someone else to for something I can do at home. To me, that’s an added value.
While truMedic did pay me for this honest review, these opinions are my own. If you suffer from pain, these TENS units are excellent. The fine people at TruMedic have also provided a special coupon for the readers of this blog. You can use the following discount code to receive an extra 15% off the PL-009 TENS Unit on the truMedic website: 8JL33ZV4T45P. I love my unit, and I know you’ll love yours too!
Another great way to help relieve body pain is buy wearing the right shoes, so if you’re looking for shoes to help with pain relief, take a peek at this website to get some more information!