I was recently nominated by CCHC (Crunchy, Crafty, and Highly Caffeinated) for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. This is a blogger nominated award where you can get to know others by answering some fun (and silly) questions.
My Answers to Her Questions:
- What is your favorite form of social media and why? Twitter is my favorite because it’s quick and easy to use and I find it so much easier to connect with people on it.
- If you could live in another time in history where would you choose? What would you imagine your life to be like? I’d maybe go back to the ’60s so I could be a flower child and live as a true hippie.
- What does your writing space look like? Absolute chaos. I sit in the middle of my living room with my children running around me. I sometimes write in five-minute intervals. Sometimes I write in the evenings after they’re in bed so that I can actually focus. But there’s no office space, really.
- Dream vacation…go! I really want to go to Australia – maybe go glamping. It’s like camping, except with all the comforts of a hotel. Because I want to cheat at camping. I’d love to do all the hiking, see all the sights, maybe go scuba diving, and enjoy the nature, but with the knowledge that I can also have access to bathrooms.
- What is your favorite dessert? That’s a tough one. I can probably enjoy most types of ice cream more than anything, but I also really like cheesecake. You really cannot go wrong with a good cheesecake. Or…coconut cake. Coconut cake might win me over.
- Glitter…friend or foe? I’m okay with glitter. As long as it’s used in someone else’s house or outside.
- You have a weekend to yourself. No responsibilities or chores to be done. What do you do? Sleep past 5 in the morning for starters. Oh, what a dream, to sleep in on a weekend like other people. Then, I’d get up and greet the world. I don’t know…I’d just do whatever the heck I wanted to do. Read a book? Blog without someone bugging me? Go for a walk? Friggin’ relax for a while, maybe? I’d tell you what I wouldn’t do. I wouldn’t break up any fights between the kids! Woo hoo!
- The alarm goes off in the morning, what does your morning look like? Hit the clock once. Groan. Listen to the kids, who are already awake because they woke up at least an hour before the alarm clock went off. Why fight it? The kids are already on top of me. I get out of bed. Shower and get ready for work while my husband supervises the kids getting dressed and gets himself ready. Beg Squeaker to get his shoes on while I rush us out the door. Somehow I’m always running late–I think because I’m endlessly tired and dragging myself along. We make it out the door, down the road, with Squeaker making noises in the back seat about 15 miles down the road. Suddenly, there’s silence. He’s asleep. He’s always asleep by the time I drop him off. He’s asleep after waking up the entire house before the alarm clocks go off and I’m driving, exhausted, to work. Yup. Just another day…
- Coffee, tea, cider, or hot cocoa? Favorite brand? Lately, I’m all about the coffee. Starbucks k-cups made in my house. I like to do iced coffee with lots of creamer and artificial sweetener that I know I’m not supposed to have. However, I also like a good chai tea with cream and sugar. Mmmmm….
- What store could you max out your credit cards in? So, no lie, I love shopping online at Twice.com because I can get a bunch of name-brand clothes for cheap and I get more bang for my buck. I started to restock my wardrobe after I lost some weight and got some good deals. Plus, if you install their app of your phone, you get an additional either percent off or dollar amount off. The referral bonus is also pretty sweet. If you refer someone, you get $10 off and the person you referred gets $10 off. That being said, if you click on the link above, you’ll get that deal if you make a purchase.
Here are My Nominees:
Reflections from Me
Here are the rules:
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Add the award logo.
- Answer the questions your nominator has asked.
- Nominate 7 other blogs and let them know via comments.
- Ask your nominees 10 questions.
Here are My Questions:
- What made you decide to become a blogger?
- What’s your favorite book and why?
- When you’re in the car, what’s one song that you would sing out loud like no one’s watching/listening?
- Are you a cat person, a dog person, or a reptile person?
- If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
- Describe the best day of your life.
- If you could only use three words to describe yourself, what would they be?
- If you could do anything you wanted to do for 24 hours, what would you do?
- If you found a magic bottle on the beach and you were granted three wishes, what would you wish for (you cannot wish for more wishes)?
- Now, this one is really important, so be honest. Apple or Android?
Have fun, and congratulations on winning the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!