I haven’t really openly talked about it to many people until today, but we had Big Guy, now 14 months old, evaluated today. Someone from the Children’s Developmental Services Agency (CDSA) came to do intake last week and then we scheduled the evaluation for today at 9:00. I had already been through this with Squeaker, but he was a year and half older before we got him evaluated and 2 years older before we actually received any real services. Concerns? Speech, or lack thereof. So, does my little one have language delays? What do I do about it?
He will be monitored by our Service Coordinator for our IFSP, who happens to be the same lady who worked with us before Squeaker turned 3. I will push for a full speech evaluation if I’m not satisfied with his development in a couple months. Until then, I will just take this for what it is…an opportunity to catch him up while he’s still little.
Originally posted 2012-06-14 19:57:00.