Ah, summer. It honestly seems that it goes as quickly as it comes these days. Our summer plans got booked so quickly that I feel like we’re living on borrowed time and it will all end before it even began. With everything that happened with our son’s meeting and our subsequent (as yet unmentioned meeting) with the principal, not only did we start the interventions up, but we wanted to make sure to build in time for leisure. Our summer plans, therefore, got planned quite rapidly.
Without further ado, there are our…
10 Plans for Summer
- First and foremost, next week, Squeaker goes to an awesome week-long camp with The Autism Society. He enjoyed this camp immensely the last time he went, two years ago, and we entered in the lottery both last year and this year until we finally got selected again. I’m excited for him because he loves it, he gets to experience new things, and he’ll come back talking about it more this time.
- While he’s away at camp, Big Guy will spend time with the in-laws and I’ve planned a retreat for my husband and I so we can reconnect. We’ve not spent any real time together for more than a night for a really long time. It’s like a second honeymoon that we desperately need. We’ll go hiking, kayaking on the rapids in the mountains, and just be us for a while. The us we were before we had two kids. This will rejuvenate us so that we can come back as a united front for our children again.
- Driving to OT, both paid by us and by the school system (compensatory services).
- Driving to Speech (once we get it set up).
- Tutoring in reading comprehension twice a week for Squeaker.
- Day Camp for Squeaker after this first camp, which is another thing he really enjoyed from last year. (yay!)
- God willing, some time at the beach as a family!
- Lots of family walks while Daylight Savings Time is still in our favor. I crave the sunlight!
- Some work over the summer to prepare for the next school year (for me).
- Some alone time for me and Big Guy while Squeaker is away doing his thing, because he needs some Mommy time.
Before you know it, summer will end, and then it’s back to the same old, same old. I used to dread the summer because of the boredom. Now summer got real and I’m booked up. I just hope I can fit in more fun than what’s on my list right now before it all comes screeching to a halt!
What’s your super fun plan for the summer?